1. I am STILL in school. But, I am getting ever closer to graduation! Yay! If I play my cards right, I may graduate by the end of the summer.
2. My great-nephew is AWESOME. I say this having just been called to the ER because he was running a pretty big fever (102 is tough on a little boy) but the doctors seem to think he may have the flu and/or strep. I left him in the capable hands of his parents, his grandmother (Nina) and his great grandparents (Gingo and Pepaw). Oh, and the hospital staff.
3. My Dad passed away on May 3, 2012. He passed away gently in his sleep and there was no signs of distress. He is greatly missed. He was a great Daddy. We are coming up on the one year anniversary. I think I have not blogged and/or journaled for the past year out of mourning. You know, like in the Civil War era where immediate family members would stay in a state of mourning for a year and wear only black clothes? I don't only wear black clothes... but I have mourned.
4. My mother has exhibited some of the greatest strength I have ever witnessed in my life. She has not wanted to be an invalid and sometimes overdoes it in order to prove that she is still all that and a bag of chips.
5. Dad was able to see the Kentucky Wildcats win their 9th National Championship before he died. There is a part of me that is glad he wasn't around to see how badly they played this year. :)
6. My nephew is a senior in high school this year. He will graduate in just a few weeks. That is SO hard to believe. He played football this year and I had a WONDERFUL time taking pictures and putting together a photo book as his Christmas present.
Therefore, we have had ups and downs in our family. We are so grateful the Lord provides all our needs, is our Peace and gives us shelter under His wings!
Here are some pictures of the past year...
|Me and Dad- Easter 2012|
|Mom & Dad- Easter 2012|
|We had a robot theme for Liam's first birthday party|
|Liam's first birthday|
|Enjoying that cake!|
|Dad's marker- after Memorial Day|
|Mom and her sister, Janelle on their 2012 sister trip. This was a stop on the way to Martha's Vineyard|
|The family heading out for group pictures.|
|The whole gang.|
|Joey Bell- football player extraordinaire|
|Joey Bell- Center|
|Heartfelt hug from Dad at the end of the last game|
|I love this boy!|
|Christmas 2012 - a new era|
|Joey checking out his Football photo book|
|Liam wishing Nana a Happy 80th birthday|
|Birthdays are for friends and family|
|Birthdays are for fun!!|
|John & Sara (without an H) at Mom's 80th|
|Mike & Sisy came from Arkansas to join the fun|
|Good Times with the Birthday Girl!|
|Me and Mom|
|John & Mom|
|Liam- Easter 2013|