Thursday, February 25, 2010

Paying it Forward

Before you do anything else, I need to tell you about a blogger that I have been reading for about eight years now. Maybe longer. I’m not sure. I found her when I was reading some sort of article on MSNBC.com that left me giggling.

I never giggle.

Oh, okay. I sometimes giggle. I mostly laugh right out loud. I don’t want the three people who read this blog to think I’m hard-hearted or anything.

Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled program. Go here:

http://blondechampagne.wordpress.com/

I LOVE to read this blog. Love it. LOVE it. L-O-V-E it!! The author writes the way I think. Are you afraid? You probably should be.

I read all about her relationship with her boyfriend-turned fiancé-turned husband. I read about her desire to not become a parent.

I swear… twins separated by birth. And biologically. And I’m a lot older. But still. I don’t want kids either. It is SOOO okay to be a woman and not want to reproduce. I promise.

At any rate, I added her as a tweet friend and low and behold, her hubby added me as a friend (and I added him… it is a perpetual cycle, isn’t it?) and even though we have never ever met… I knew he was in the airline industry. When the earthquake in Haiti occurred last month, we were frantically looking for planes, etc. I tweeted to him and low and behold if he didn’t respond. He doesn’t know me from Adam… but he might have an option.

We already had a plan in place by the time I heard from him (things moved very, very fast in that first 24 hours), so I was unable to utilize Josh the Pilot’s contacts. BUT it was the fact that he would help! Without having a clue as to my identity… other than the fact that I read his wife’s blog.

So I was more than happy to return the favor when they had a need arise. I wish I could have done a greater favor… but I haven’t won the lottery yet.

Probably cuz I haven’t bought a ticket yet. But that is neither here nor there.

When I woke up this morning, I checked the blog (as I normally do) and my heart stopped beating. Because, because, because!!!! Because of the wonderful things she does! (Wow… I just broke right into song. How did that happen!)

The blogger friend I have never met said a sweet, kind, and rather inaccurate thing about me. But that’s okay. I’m going to let her believe what she will!

All that to say… pay a favor forward or back today. It will bless you beyond measure. It is an essential part of who we are in this world.

No comments: