Tuesday, October 13, 2009

One Day to Go...

Yes, I know. You have been waiting with baited breath to read about the wedding. I slacked off and did not post before now.

It wasn’t so much that I was a slacker as it was that I was WORN OUT!!!

The night before the rehearsal day, I realized I forgot two VERY important pieces I needed from my church. This threw me into frenzy as I realized that in order to form a more perfect union… oh, wait a minute. That’s the Constitution… I got knocked off track there.

I realized that in order to get to the church and pick up the pieces I needed and then get back to the Boro to the church where the wedding was to be held AND… to miss rush hour traffic (no easy feat in Nash Vegas) I would have to leave my home at the crack o’ dawn.

Which I did. Because I’m smart like that.

Then I got back to Wedding Central and packed up the truck. And the mini-van. And the SUV with all the things to make this wedding come together. All the gossamer and stanchions and poles and bases and fabric and flowers and banners were loaded up and we hit the Boro and unloaded. The van. And the truck. And the SUV. And proceeded to spend the next five hours or so creating a backdrop and draping material and laughing and eating and generally making a fun mess out of things.

However, the mess was a good one and the Bride was happy and the Groom was satisfied (because do Grooms really CARE what the décor of their wedding is?) and it was time for the rehearsal.

But first: let’s talk about friends.

Let’s talk about friends who take a day off from their own busy work week and meet you at the venue (over an hour from their home) and how they work diligently (and anally, by the way) and help create the backdrop and a dance floor for the Bride & Groom to get their groove on the next night.

Such is my friend Requelle (pictured here with my cousin Dawn). She is awesome. I don’t even have to say anything else.

Back to the adventure…

The Right Reverend Brent Gambrell appeared along with friend Heidi, who helped organize the Largest. Wedding. Party. Ever. and got the party started. Each member took their places and marked their spots. Then they marched in. Then they marched out. They did this a couple of times until everyone felt good about themselves and then it was time for FOOD!!!

Blue Coast Burrito. Yum!!!

The groom’s family had them cater the dinner and they brought a buffet and made burritos for you whilst you stood there with your mouth watering. Then the grooms’ stepfather opened the floor for anyone to give good wishes to the Bride & Groom. Those were fun. Specifically when the Father of the Bride admitted to one and all that he never ACTUALLY gave permission for the marriage and he would need to speak with the groom before the end of the night.

Good Times!

All went well and we took off the rehearsal dinner décor and reset the room for the reception (the following night). It was well after 11 p.m. by the time I got home and I gotta tell ya’ my feet were killing me! It has been a long time since I have put in a 17-hour day! Whew!

More to come…


Requelle said...

Awwww. Thanks. It was fun to hang out and laugh again. Good times indeed.

Mary said...

That sounds so great. I know you put in a lot of work, but it's sounding more and more worth it with every post. I've said it before, but you are an awesome aunt.