Saturday, September 26, 2009

Pork Tasting...

Yes. You read that right. Last night I went to my very first Pork Tasting event.

I know what you are thinking! Most people opt to attend a wine tasting event. That sounds so much classier than a pork tasting doesn't it?

Again. I live in the south.

But, here's the scoop on the pork tasting. It was fabulous.

Fab-U-Lous!

Mmmm... pork.

The owners of the Red Hill Farm out of Lafayette brought many delicious versions of pork to be sampled. Everything from mild and hot sausage to ham steaks and baby back ribs.

The hostess had tables out on her closed in back porch, so we were able to enjoy each other's company and listen to the rain go pitter-pat on the roof. It made for a wonderful evening of fellowship and... well... pork.

The eldest patriarch manned the grill... out in the rain, mind you... and served up some very nice samples. Have you ever had a pork burger? No? If you do... you may not go back to beef.

Being the carnivore I am, this was an enjoyable evening. AND... when I left, I was given my very own pound of mild sausage. Everyone got to take some home, whether you placed an order or not.

How awesome was that?!

This was the second pork tasting in the area and there are more to come. If you are interested in hosting one... let me know and I will see if we can't hook you up with the folks who put this together. Then all the people who were at this last pork tasting will show up for more great food and fellowship.

3 comments:

Dandy said...

A pork tasting you say?!

That would be reason enough to move to the south. I might have to consider it.

Unknown said...

I'm going to let hubby-honey read this with the keyboard removed. Why? He'd drool and short it out (smile).

Thanks for sharing this. I had never heard of pork tasting before but it sounds yummy indeed. I live in Oregon and they have fried turkeys here, which are absolutely fabulous. I'll have to see about sponsoring pork tasting for the next family reunion. I'd get point for different anyway (smile).

Mary said...

That is a new one to me. Sounds really good though. I'm quite the carnivore myself.